A library card is your pass to a whole new world of stories, learning, and entertainment. We are excited to announce that now a Christian County library card is your pass to health, fitness, and fun at the Nixa X Center and Aquatics Center!
Our newest partnership will surely have everybody running to the library for the opportunity to check out an X Center or Aquatics Center pass. Here is what you need to know:
• Use your library card to check out an available pass at any branch location
• There are 2 passes to the X Center and 2 passes to the Aquatics Center
• Each pass will admit one person. Additional individuals must purchase daily passes at the X Center or Aquatics Center
• A pass can be used daily during the one-week checkout period
• Passes are not renewable, cannot be put on hold, and will automatically expire after one week
Studies have shown that there are several contributing factors to poor health, but knowledge of healthy habits, disease management, and promotion of physical activity can help. Partnering with Nixa Parks and Recreation is the right step (pun intended) towards supporting health literacy and heart-healthy activity for the community.
We all know that libraries are more than just books. We strive to provide access to not only materials but services and experiences that help residents of Christian County learn and grow, which requires partnerships with other like-minded organizations. A special thank you to the Nixa Community Foundation and Nixa Parks and Recreation for sponsoring this unique opportunity.
If the X Center or Aquatics Center is not your preferred method of fun or staying fit, the library offers other health and wellness programming including yoga at the library, beginning Tai Chi, health forums, and more! For additional information about checking out passes to the X Center and Aquatics Center visit your local branch. For hours of operation at the X Center or Aquatics Center check out their website. For other health and wellness programming check out the calendar of events.